This course does not only focus on the technical aspects and challenges of data warehousing and data mining but also on the strategies of turning business data into business value. Furthermore aspects of data quality and data security will be covered and a market overview on existing products and solutions is provided.
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to
- Understand uses of knowledge systems (e.g., data mining systems) in various business domains, e.g. health care
- Understand the steps involved in the development of knowledge systems
- Use acquired working knowledge of several popular knowledge based techniques and products
- Apply the various techniques and products to solve business problems
- Create commonly expected "deliverables" of a knowledge systems project in a group project
- Explain the legal situation with respect to data security and data quality